Mango Martini

Taste it...

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

A Day at the Long Beach Aquarium

My grandma was bored and wanted to go somewhere. I didn't know where to go and it was already a bit late, so I decided we should go to the Long Beach Aquarium. I've never been there before, which is sad. It's sort of like the fact that I've never been to Alcatraz, and I lived in the Bay Area for 3-4 years. *siiigh*

I actually really enjoyed the museum. We saw a lot of interesting jelly fish and aquatic life. The ten thousand pictures are as follows.


Jelly Posted by Hello


Jellies Posted by Hello


Jelly close-up Posted by Hello


X-files jelly Posted by Hello


Pancake jellies Posted by Hello


Intestine jellies Posted by Hello


Jellies chasing each other. Posted by Hello


Pretty jelly Posted by Hello


Stringy jellies Posted by Hello


Boba jellies Posted by Hello


Sea anenomes Posted by Hello


More seas anenomes (how the hell do you spell this crap??) Posted by Hello


Moving things Posted by Hello


Big crab! Posted by Hello


More crabs Posted by Hello


Fish school Posted by Hello


Fish school with no flash. Looks like they're moving faster!! Posted by Hello


Manta ray Posted by Hello


Sting ray Posted by Hello


Sting ray Posted by Hello


Saw shark Posted by Hello


He's hungry... Posted by Hello


Sea dragon Posted by Hello


Really ugly fish Posted by Hello


Really ugly fish again Posted by Hello


Pretty fish Posted by Hello

I think the best part of the aquarium was the Lorikeet cage. Before going in, the woman asked if I wanted to feed them some nectar. It was only a dollar, so I was like, sure thing. Dude, when I walked in there, I was attacked right away. The birds landed on my head and pretty much stayed there for the remainder of the time I was in the cage (a good half hour). They didn't jump on anyone else's head, they stayed away from my grandma, and when my aunt came and fed them, nothing like this happened at all! I was afraid that they were going to crap on me, because I had all these birds on my head, shoulders, stomach, arms, etc. Some of them crapped, but over the side of my arm. Some splattered on my shoe, (unfortunately I was wearing sandals). But, happily, no one crapped on my head. :)


Feeding parrots Posted by Hello


Lorikeet on my head (sorry, for some reason, I can't get the pictures to turn around today). :( Posted by Hello

Parrot looking bewildered Posted by Hello


Nectar eating contest Posted by Hello


Fat bird on a fat arm... Posted by Hello


Hello Posted by Hello


Hello Posted by Hello


Parrot has a feater problem Posted by Hello


A threesome Posted by Hello


Loong way down Posted by Hello


This one wanted a little skin... Posted by Hello


Startled AND sideways. Posted by Hello


He's a bit confused. Posted by Hello


Two for one deal Posted by Hello


I made a friend Posted by Hello


I feel like that guy from Labyrinth. Anyone know what I'm talking about? They guy with the donation box who was a "bird brain." Posted by Hello


Checking for bugs Posted by Hello


It's a party Posted by Hello


Wow, my face looks tasty Posted by Hello


Climbing down my head is fun Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home