Mango Martini

Taste it...

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Viper Room

Tonight I went to the Viper Room with Emily. We had never been there before, but my friend was playing an acoustic alternative rock set, so we went to go see her. When we got there, there was this partitioned off area around the door. There were four posts and three ropes sectioning off this little square right in front of the door. Inside the little square was a little man. He was talking to people and checking them for will call tickets, etc. I hadn't bought a ticket beforehand, because no one told me to, and I got a little worried. I didn't know how things are run there. So, the guy turned to me, and I said "Hi, I'm here to see my friend play, but I didn't buy tickets ahead of time. Was that something we were supposed to do?" The guy, literally, turned straight around and started talking to someone else. He proceeded to ignore me for like the next 5 minutes. At this point I was wondering what to do. I mean, what does turning away from someone mean? Was I supposed to buy tickets? Am I an idiot for asking? Was I not even worth speaking to? Was I supposed to leave? Was I supposed to stay?? It was all confusing and very irritating. I pretty much told Emily that maybe we'd have to go back, because we weren't getting anywhere.

I then decided to approach the guy from another side of his roped off "box." He was helping some guys to the left, so I stood in line (sorta) behind them. When they went in, he again looked at me like he had never seen me before. ??? What the hell!!! So, I said, "Hi, I'm here to see my friend. She's playing tonight, and we didn't buy tickets because no one told us to. Can we buy them inside?" And once again, the guy turned his back to me. He said nothing, had no expression, and there was no indication he even heard what I said. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

So I'm standing there trying to figure out the situation. I've now been ignored twice, and I still haven't gotten an answer. Can I buy tickets or not? Can I go in or not? If I can't, just say no you stupid prick. Argh! So I look at Emily, and she's like "I don't know" and I'm thinking we should leave, when the guy FINALLY turns back around and asks for our ID's. What an idiot! We show him the ID's, we go inside, and we buy tickets. How difficult would it have been for him to actually say something to us during the 10 minutes we were being ignored? Seriously! When we got inside, I found my friend and complained about the doorman. She went off as well, and said that he didn't even want to let HER in the place. Retard!!

So the performance was pretty good. My friend has only been playing for the past year or so, so overall it was a good performance. The guy that came on after her was a bit more catchy with his sounds and lyrics. He already had a CD out, and seemed like a better performer. Afterwards, we went upstairs to the bigger room, and we saw Alana Davis. I swear I heard one of her songs before. Regardless, she was fantastic. Her vocals were unbelievable. Well, I thought she rocked. She had great tone quality and her control was fabulous. I would buy one of her CD's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home