Mango Martini

Taste it...

Saturday, October 02, 2004

Turning 50

Today was my mom's birthday. She worked today, and both my grandma and I are sick, so we didn't do too much. When she came over after work, I brought out a cake that Diego had bought her (unfortunately it was dry -- boo for buying cake on Thursday evenings). Then we went to dinner at Hof's Hut. I wanted to take her to this Thai/Japanese Sukiyaki buffet that she likes and hasn't been to in awhile. She decided that it was too far (Azusa), however, and wanted to stay closer to home tonight. Additionally, my grandma wouldn't go there anyway, seeing as she's deathly afraid of fish and won't even go near food items that are even relatively neighboring fish-infested items.

I bought her a stereo as well. Earlier today, I set it up in her bedroom. I wanted to put it on this shelf-type thing where her old stereo was, but it didn't fit. It was too deep! I didn't even think about depth when I bought it. How dumb am I? I was on the verge of buying her this super thin cd player too. I thought she would like a tape deck and etc. as well, though, so I got this one instead. I ended up putting it on a chest of drawers at the opposite side of the room. The problem with this was that I couldn't plug the damned thing into the wall. I reached my arm up behind the back of the cabinet, but I couldn't get the plug into the outlet. Then I found that my arm was wedged tightly between the wall and the cabinet, and I couldn't get it out. I panicked for a good 60 seconds while trying to pry my arm free, and eventually got it loose. Man, that sucked. In the end, I had to move the darned thing, and it weighs about a ton. I tried moving it forever to no avail before finally emptying some of its contents to make it a bit lighter. I think I hurt my back. :( No word yet on whether or not she liked it. Good sign or bad?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home