Mango Martini

Taste it...

Monday, January 31, 2005

Errands at the Beach

I've been feeling a bit anxious lately. I don't know why. I feel bored with my life, like I'm not doing anything interesting. I spent the entire weekend (almost) grading, since grades were due this morning. Tonight, in order to help allay these feelings, Diego asked me to go to the beach.

Before we went, I wanted to run a few errands. I wanted to buy some stuff for my classroom (like Valentine's Day decorations, etc.). We went to Target and Big Logs, but neither store had anything of interest. Afterwards, we went to Marshalls, because my grandma said she saw a paring knife she wanted. However, I didn't see a knife that fit this description, so that was just a waste of time.

Diego and I drove to the beach. We always go to this little area in Long Beach. We went there the first night we starting seeing each other again. I don't know if it's technically one of our "spots," but it's definitely somewhere we seem to go a lot. We haven't been there in awhile, though.

Right in front of the area, there was this house for sale. They had a sign up, along with some flyers. Diego ran across the street and got my one. Man, the house is selling for going on three million dollars. It's 7000 square feet (or more, I can't remember. I'm not sure if that was the entire lot, or just the house itself). It has 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms. The backyard/courtyard is so pretty. I want to live there. *sigh* I keep thinking "one day," but I'll probably never get the chance to own such an expensive piece of property. Oh the other hand, I don't really need a 3 millioni dollar home. A person can get a similar house for cheaper, as long as it's not directly on a beach bluff. But living in such a place would be nice....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home