Mango Martini

Taste it...

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Hospitalization

Last night, I suddenly got an extremely bad headache. It wasn't like any other headache I've ever had. It felt as though someone had jammed a sharp object (like a pen or pencil) through my eye socket (sort of above my left eye and into my head) and was rotating it around. There was also an area above this around my left temple that felt hot and hurt as well. The pain was so bad that I began to get nauseated. I almost threw up several times, which is a rare thing for me to do. After about a half an hour, I was sitting on my bathroom floor sobbing. Diego and my granmda took me to the emergency room. I really felt bad about this, because last night was Diego's first softball game, and he had to miss it. I didn't even know if what I was experiencing was anything about which we should be worried.

When we got to the hospital, they took me into a room and took my blood pressure. They also asked me a bunch of questions. I was then led into a room, told to undress, and to lie down. This was way different than my past hospital experiences. I remember when I was younger, I had a fever of 104 or something, with chills. They made me sit in the ER wait room for over two hours. By the time I saw a doctor, my fever had already died down, and I'm sure that I lost a few million brain cells. Anyways, I waited in the room. The doctor came in and asked me some questions. Shortly after, another nurse came in and administered a shot in my butt. My nausea when away instantly, and my headache was reduced dramatically. They took me in for a catscan, which was interesting, because I've never had one of those done before. I couldn't get my cartilage ring out, so they said that would affect the results some. Oh, I also had a fun wheelchair ride to and from the catscan area.

After all this, my results came back negative. They gave me some narcotics, in case the headache came back, and sent me on my merry way. They also gave me some information on "cluster headaches." I've never heard of these before, but they are associated with neurological disorders and strokes. I hope I don't have the former. Well, I hope I don't have the latter either, but I don't want to be crazy (though some say I already am).

It was an interesting evening, to say the least...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home