Mango Martini

Taste it...

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

My First Valentine's Day

Well, last night was my first official Valentine's Day. In the past, I've never had a valentine. One year, I went out with Scott for dinner. Another year, Gabe and I watched videos. However, neither date was part of a relationship.

This year I have a valentine!! My bunny!! :) Well, first off, he sent me a candy gram at school. After school, he met me by the basketball courts and gave me a rose. After that, he cooked me dinner! My baby doesn't cook, so this is something truly special. :)

Diego picked me up at 6pm. He wanted to eat dinner somewhere where we could see the sunset, but it was already too late, and the sun was already gone. He drove me to PV, and we set up camp on a cliffside facing the coastline. It was cold, admittedly, but very nice. He laid down a mat and had plates, silverware, glasses, etc. We had a candle and a lantern. Heehee. He made Taiwanese porkchops (well, close enough) with rice and egg, because I really like that. :) And he also brought along a little strawberry cake. I already knew what he had cooked, however.

While we were on the road, we passed by Alpine Village. My mom likes to go there to buy porkchops for breakfast. So I jokingly said, "Hey, you want to get some porkchops?" And he said, "You don't need German porkchops; you have Diego porkchops." I still didn't realize this was our dinner. I thought he was just being stupid, as usual. :) Then I said (totally kidding), "So is that what we're having for dinner?" And he said, "Dammit!" Awwww. My bunny was trying his hardest to keep dinner a secret, and I "forced" it out of him. He told me I was from the CIA and had interrogated him. Please.

The only bad part of the night was that Diego got a traffic ticket. We were coming off the freeway, and just as he was turning right, the light turned red. Immediately, there was a siren and lights behind us. It was a total accident, and the light turned REALLY quickly. I think it wasn't fair. Especially on Valentine's Day. Diego doesn't have money to pay for that ticket, however much it is. He just had to replace his radiator and stuff in his car. *sigh* Two or three other cops pulled people over minutes after us, in the same place, so it must have been a trap. On Valentine's Day! How lame is that??

Wednesday is our 9-month anniversary, so maybe we'll stay home for that. :/

I spent an hour and a half today driving around and buying stuff for grandma. One of her friends called and asked her if anyone was going to do something for her on Valentine's. She told the person it was never going to happen. That sucks, because while this was happening, I was driving around buying her things. I drove to Cerritos after work to pick up some creamed corn. For whatever reason, my grandma has this weird obsession with their creamed corn. I also bought her onion rings, because she's been wanting some. On the way back, I bought her onion rings from Carl's Jr. and Jack in the Box as well. Thought she might like a variety. I also bought her french fries from Jack's, because Arby's jipped her on fries last Sunday, and I bough her a double cheeseburger from McDonald's, because she loves those. I also got her the Collateral DVD. She's been wanting to watch that movie. I never took her, and I haven't wanted to rent it, because I saw it on the plane ride to (or from -- don't remember) Thailand. I set it up in her room so that she could watch it whenever she felt like it. That's why I bought her the tv in the first place. Well, actually, her old one was lame and didn't work that well. The other reason, however, was to allow her to watch dvd's in her room. She needs to watch these, because they allow subtitles. Since she can't hear all that well (meaning at all), the captions/subtitles help her keep track of what's happening in the movie.

All in all, it was a nice night, except for the traffic ticket. It was the best Valentine's Day that I've ever had. Most of this had to do with the fact that I spent it with someone I love. I'm glad my first Valentine's was with a person that I care about, and not some random person of convinience. :) It was memorable, and special, and romantic, and sweet. Just like my bunny!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home