Mango Martini

Taste it...

Friday, March 11, 2005

Bakery: Open for Business

For whatever reason, I've been on a baking spree. I think I'm bored and stressed out, and cooking is a good outlet for my emotions. I bought this baking book a long time ago. I think it was when I was in Berkeley. I never used it, actually, but it's been getting some good use now.

So far I've made pumpkin muffins, carrot muffins, cinnamon refrigerator cookies, pumpkin spice bread, a braided loaf, apricot coffee cake, cinnamon rolls, and gingerbread. I've been in the kitchen for countless hours. For two days in a row, I was baking for 8 hours straight. I didn't sit down or even leave the kitchen. Baking may relieve stress, but it sure is tiring. Especially bread.

A lot of the things I've made, however, have not turned out as well as I hoped. I think there's something wrong with the recipes, because I follow everything exactly. For the cinnamon rolls, for example, I would have put much less syrup and MUCH MUCH more cinnamon and sugar on the sweet side of the roll. Just things like that. Also, the apricot coffee cake was a tad bit sour. I would have added more sugar to the filling if I had known that it was going to turn out that way.



Cinnamon rolls. Posted by Hello


Apricot coffee cake/bread Posted by Hello


Braided loaf Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home