Mango Martini

Taste it...

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Today Was A Good Day

So I actually had a really great day today. I feel so much better and so much more normal. I've been getting more rest since I've been offtrack, things with Diego are more "calm," and I've been going out more with different people.

I went to the gym today, for the second time this week! Hooray for me!! This doesn't sound like much, but believe me, it is. I haven't gone in three months, so this is a milestone event.

After I got back, I went to Beth's house. On the way there, since she gave me bad directions, I ended up being stopped in the middle of the street in an adjoining neighborhood. There was this old Japanese man in the street with a lawnmower. I initially thought that he was transporting it from one place to another. However, this was not the case. He was literally mowing the street. It was the weirdest and most surreal thing I have ever seen. Well, until later on in the evening, that is. He was smack dab in the middle of the road, and I had to idle my car for like a full minute. Then the man looks up and stares at me like I'm some sort of weirdo. Go figure!!! In a little bit he sort of moves to the side to run over a leaf that has fallen into the street, and I take off.

Beth and I went to the Pasadena Museum of Art. I wanted to see these paintings by Mark Ryden. They looked really interesting. On the way there, we saw a large crow eating a dead squirrel on the sidewalk near Mike's seminary school. ?? So strange. They we saw more roadkill by the school. Actually, Beth saw many many many many instances of roadkill on the way back.

When we got the museum, the lady said it was free, because they were sort of empty. We were like "ok," so we went in. And the pictures were gone!!! I was sad. We both were. Well, there was one left hanging on the wall. I guess the exhibit ended last weekend, but neither of us got that memo. So we looked at the pictures in a book they were selling in the gift shop.

We didn't know what to do with ourselves afterwards. We thought about going to the Asian Art Museum a few yards away, but neither of us are too into Asian art. So we went to Colorado (?) and went shopping. We spent an hour in Urban Outfitters, and then Beth got some cute earrings on sale at Banana.

We were stuck in traffic for awhile, so when I got home I had to haul @$$. Diego was supposed to be at my house in 10 minutes and I had to change, etc.

We drove to Cinespace. I really like this place. I've only been there once, to see Garden State, but it left a really great impression on me. Last time it was totally packed. This time, we were the first ones there practically. We were watching House of Flying Daggers. I guess it wasn't a very popular movie? Or maybe people don't like eating and reading subtitles? It was a bit difficult, admittedly. It was cool though, because we got the best seat in the house. Totally at eye level with the screen and right in the center. :)


Best seat in da house Posted by Hello

We ordered spinach dip and chips, I got the rosemary chicken (which was HUGE), and Diego got some shrimp chipotle pizza. I think mine was better. At the end of the evening, $9 was missing from our bill, which was totally awesome. Dinner and movie and dancing was only $41. Not bad!


Fresh mouth Posted by Hello

As always, Diego and I took our couple headshots. We have a zillion of these. A fact that was causing me distress when we weren't together, because I literally have ten thousand pictures of us. *sigh*


Diego and me take 1 Posted by Hello


Diego and me take 2 Posted by Hello


Diego and me take 3 Posted by Hello


Kissy face...ugh, I know, I know... Posted by Hello

Kissy picture is actually a new thing. This is our third one. Dunno....

So afterwards, the place turns into a dance club. Last time it was PACKED, but they were playing weird music and we just left. This time, there was NO ONE there. I was sad, because I wanted to dance, and that doesn't happen very often. We decided to wait awhile, so we took a seat in the lounge. That's when the surreal part of the evening took place.

We were sitting in the lounge. Everything was normal. Then, the pirates showed up.

Like ten people came in at the same time wearing pirate outfits. It was the weirdest thing. And over the course of maybe 20 minutes, like 30 more pirates showed up.


Pirates Posted by Hello


More pirates Posted by Hello

I felt like I was in a dream or something. It really was the weirdest thing. Diego and I were just staring and laughing. It was so weird, but in a good way! I am glad that we were there for this, because when is this ever going to happen again? I actually felt like I was on one of those comedy shows where a couple walks into a bar, and it ends up being a pirate bar, and a whole bunch of weird things happen.

So all the pirates started drinking and mingling and running around. One guy had a fake/dead bird on his shoulder. Some of the pirates were having sword fights. It was awesome. Then the DJ put on this weird pirate song, and I felt like I was at Disneyland. So strange, but cool.

The pirates started dancing to '80's music. The songs were good, and Diego said we should dance. I didn't want to at first, but went after a bit of coaxing. He said, and he was right, that we may never again get the chance to dance with pirates. I usually get self-conscious about dancing and it takes me awhile to warm up. However, surrounded by pirates, I was totally at ease, and was letting loose like I haven't in some time. It was so much fun!! If only there were pirates everywhere!!! :)


Pirate dancing Posted by Hello


Pirate party Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home